It’s just another moon cake festival~
So today is the Chinese moon cake festival (the Mid-Autumn Festival), a traditional Chinese festival on the 15th day of the 8th lunar month with customs such as enjoying the full moon and eating moon cakes. It has been a remarkable event of the year for generations, where friends and families reunited after a long year(s) of separation. On this eventful occasion, moon cakes and lanterns are the 2 items not to be missed.
The moon cake festival is also a meaningful event for the lovers. It means a lot to a couple, to be able to stay along together on a full moon night. The full moon, which signifies unity, best symbolizes their eternal love.
It’s still vivid in my memory of how the moon cake festival was celebrated in my younger age. It has been one of my favourite festivals when I was young, as I got to eat various types of delicious moon cakes and lighted up the lanterns and candles under the full moon night. Everything was so fine.
Today should be the last moon cake festival I celebrate with my family before I further my studies in Australia next year. I wonder if the moon over the sea would be as perfect as the one I see here. I’m going to miss the tasty Tai Thong’s jade custard moon cake!
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival~

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home